Medications for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD) Also known as Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Do I need this service?
You can develop a tolerance to opioids which puts you at a greater risk for harmful use, misuse, or overdose.
How can this service help me?
These medications, when taken in stable doses as part of a medically supervised treatment plan, can permit a person to lead a normal and productive life without any of the narcotic effects that result from harmful use or misuse of heroin and/or other opioids.
- Reduce the chances of an overdose related death.
- Reduce opioid use and symptoms related to opioid use disorder.
- Support people who choose to reduce or stop their opioid use.
- Reduce the risk of infectious disease transmission.
- Increase the likelihood that a person will NOT continue harmful use or misuse of drugs
If I am pregnant, can I get this service at SIPH?
Yes, we offer MOUD/MAT service to pregnant individuals.
Are there other treatment options for Opioid Use Disorder?
Yes, however, we do NOT offer Methadone treatment at SIPH. We can refer you to a Methadone Treatment Facility.
Can I get treated for alcohol, meth, or another substance?
No, we do not currently offer treatment for alcohol, meth or any other substance abuse disorder.