Food Safety - Temporaries
Certified Food Protection Manager
Per Idaho Food Code Section 2-102.20 all facilities are required to have a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Beginning January 1, 2019 all temporary vendors are required to complete a certified food protection exam. This exam, specific to temporaries, is available free of charge and may be taken at your local health department office. It is valid for one calendar year and must be renewed each year.
This certification must be completed in order to pass your inspection and obtain your 2019 license. If you already have a certified food protection manager as required for another food facility then that may fulfill this requirement.
A study guide is available at your local office or can be viewed here. Temporary Food Manual
Please contact your local Environmental Health Specialist or the main office at (208) 239-5270 with questions or to schedule an exam.
Steps to becoming a licensed temporary vendor:
- Fill out the application and include a menu
- Pay the Fee:
- $35.00 – temporary vendor operating for ONE day at ONE event
- $45.00 – temporary vendor operating for TWO to THREE days at ONE event
- $72.00 – temporary vendor operating for FOUR or more days at ONE event OR at MULTIPLE events
- The test is available at Southeastern Idaho Public Health and can be taken at any of our offices.
- Please call the main office at 208.239.5270 to make an appointment
- The test is open book and you may use the temporary manual to take it
- The test has 25 questions and a passing score is 75%
- You must be inspected and licensed before you will be allowed to operate
- The temporary booth inspection checklist contains the necessary requirements
- You may be licensed the morning of at the event OR by appointment prior to the event
- You MUST call the main office at 208.239.5270 to schedule your inspection