Are You Sick of Smoking? Are You Sick of Chewing?
How many times have you tried to quit chewing or smoking? Maybe once, maybe a thousand times. You start out really wanting to quit and feel that the time is right. However, for one reason or another, you start using tobacco again. You feel like a failure and that you will never be able to stop chewing or smoking. It is not surprising, considering tobacco is an addictive drug, which makes it hard to quit.
Perhaps you are ready to try and quit again, but you are afraid that you may fail once again. Who can blame you? As hard as it is to believe, it takes a person on average seven attempts to successfully quit. That means that a person may quit after the first time they try, while the next person may need fourteen times before they successfully quit.
Facts to think about:
- Smoking is the #1 preventable cause of death in the U.S.
- Each year, approximately 440,000 people die from tobacco-related illnesses
- Currently, tobacco is costing the U.S. $157 billion in health-related illnesses
- 52% of the current smokers have tried to quit in the last year
- Current smokers in the U.S. are now outnumbered by former smokers
A Fresh Start Class & Nicotine Replacement Therapy = A Successful Combination
Research shows that combining tobacco cessation support (i.e., classes or counseling) with nicotine replacement therapy or other tobacco cessation aids, increase your chances of successfully quitting tobacco. Join a Fresh Start class and sign-up for your free nicotine replacement available on QUITNOW.NET/Idaho for greater success in your effort to quit.
The Free Smoking Cessation Program is available through Southeastern Idaho Public Health (SIPH) and is made possible through the continued support the SIPH Cessation Program receives from the State of Idaho's Millennium Fund.
Quitnow.net is a website available to tobacco users who want to quit. It offers a wide variety of tools that can be used as you begin the quitting process. By signing up, you can receive a 8-week supply of FREE nicotine replacement therapy products (i.e., patches, gum, lozenges).
Quitting tools on QUITNOW.net:
- Quitting Aids - These aids will help you decide what type, dose, and schedule of nicotine replacement or other medication is right for you
- Quit Guide - It's an easy-to-use workbook that you can use in any situation to help you stick with your Quitting Plan.
- Quit Coach - You can get expert support and assistance whenever you need it, over the phone, from coaches who specialize in helping people quit tobacco.
- Web Coach - You'll have access to a private, online community where you can complete activities, watch videos, track your progress, and join in discussions with others in the program. There are more than 25,000 active members.
Go to www.QUITNOW.NET/Idaho to learn more about free nicotine replacement therapies and other services provided by this online tobacco cessation program.
QuitLine (1-800-QUIT-NOW, 1-800-784-8669)
The QuitLine is a toll-free number that lets you talk directly to expert coaches. You'll get private counseling and support and advice on creating your quit plan. You'll learn how to develop skills to break your tobacco habits. You can talk to a live person who will help you decide which quitting products or medications will work for you. Call Quitline to receive your 8-week supply of FREE nicotine replacement therapy products (i.e., nicotine patches, gum, or lozenges).